We are owners of Sony-M1 for more than 3 years now. Although I’m not sure about the Sony-M2, let me share with you some of my frustrations. I will never recommend this to anyone, really.
- It works well on well-lit places, but not on dark places. This was taken without any lights on and blinds closed but at noontime! Geez!
- There’s no available flash that you can connect/add to it. So when out on a bar or bonfire, this digicam is hopeless.
- If we set it to take brighter pictures (the candle icon), it will be all blurry. Unless, it is a non-moving object and you’re using a tripod.
- Yes, tripod. We need a tripod to make use of the timer. ‘Coz unlike most digicams, you can not just put this on top of a flat surface. Although, sometimes, I appreciate it since it just looks like a mobile phone.
- Oh, let me not start about that station as they call it (to charge it and connect with a PC or TV)
- Too pricey for its quality (or lack of it).
But there is a reason I can not part with this digicam.
- The videos (MPEG4 format) are just fantastic! Just like with photos, I take videos of Mikee too.
Because of this model alone, we won’t buy any Sony camera anymore. Point-and-shoot and DSLR alike.