Who of us remember doing puzzles as children? I know that I remember doing them and I loved every minute of it. Now a days there are so many different types of puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, broad puzzles, as well as electronic puzzles. It all depends on how deep you want to get into doing puzzles, as well as the level of difficulty that you prefer for yourself or your children. In this article we will review the different types of puzzles out there for kids.
Now when looking at puzzles for children you need to think about their age and what you are looking to accomplish. Also thinking about what a puzzle offers to child as far as improving certain skills.
Some skills that puzzles help to improve:
- Hand-Eye coordination & Fine motor skill
- Problem solving & Reasoning
- Visual perception
- Creativity and imagination
- Social Skills
There are several websites that are out there to give ideas on what type of puzzles for kids are available. So let us look at a few puzzles for kids in different age groups.
Puzzles for ages 4-6
- Vee-21- Beautifully designed and highly creative puzzle – This puzzle uses large V-shaped translucent pieces. This puzzle comes with different ideas for kids and their friends and even the whole family can get involved.
- Diamond Rainbow – This is another popular creative puzzle for kids. This puzzle is great for even the four year old child. It is considered one of the easiest but offers a challenge to all that play it.
- Hedominoes – This is the hardest of the easy group of puzzles. It is very engaging and a great tool for learning. This puzzle for kids offers easy creative challenges.
Puzzles for Ages 6-10
- Rombix Jr. – This puzzle uses the creative side of the brain as well as the problem solving side. The children try to create cool patterns and designs.
- Roundominos- This is another popular puzzle and is great for children of 6 and older. This puzzle is considered tricky but also lots of fun for the children to engage for hours. The skill this puzzle helps is using strategy.
Puzzle for ages 10+
- Lamond Hex – This is a difficult puzzle to solve. This puzzle will test everyone’s problem solving skills. This puzzle can be done with 2 or 3 players.
- Super Roundominoes this is a larger version of the other puzzle mention early. This puzzle offers more challenges and even harder obstacles to conquer.