A lot were asking for the 5-day itinerary for our trip to Singapore. I think ours is ideal for a family of 3 or more. So I’m sharing it so others will have an idea in arranging theirs. Take note though that most were done in a weekday. Traffic may be different on a weekend, and likely longer queues.
Day 1 (Sunday)
- arrival at the Budget Terminal. If you were able to catch a piso seat sale from Cebu Pac, you will arrive at the budget terminal. The next thing to consider is where you are planning to stay. If you are staying at a friend’s place in Tampines where most pinoys are, you can ride the taxi. Taxi rates are different depending on the time of day. And if you’re staying in the city, you can ride the bus to Terminal 2 for free. Then from Terminal 2, the MRT would work perfectly. Just make sure you buy the ezlink card which we were able to use for our entire stay both for MRT and bus rides. What made it easier for me to compute for our fares and travel times beforehand is the gothere.sg website.
- lunch at the park mall in dhoby ghaut after we left our luggage to the concierge
- checked in. slept. we deserved it.
- woke up at 6pm then went to esplanade for dinner at the hawkers stalls
- went to Merlion for some picture taking
- went back to the lodge to sleep. yes, we needed energy for Sentosa the following day
Day 2 (Monday)
- had to wake up at 9am for breakfast buffet (6am-10am only)
- from dhoby ghaut, we went straight to harbourfront station: vivo city (purple line). I guess this is the major advantage of our lodge. it is very near the dhoby ghaut MRT station. Dhoby ghaut has both the red and purple line.
- vivo city L3, we queued for our Sentosa express ride which also serves as our entrance tickets. S$3 for each adult or kids more than 3 years old. Purchased the “choice of thrill” for hubby, as well as Songs of the Sea tickets 2 combo A (show and meal) and 1 combo B (show and toy for our little girl)
- first stop: waterfront station. We just took some photos in front of Universal Studios which was not yet open that day
- second stop: imbiah station. We had lunch at Delifrance, and then took some more photos before heading to the Luge and Skyride. We had to buy our tickets there as the ticket booth at vivo city sells only package tickets (e.g. choice of thrill, songs of the sea combos, etc) Mikee’s ticket is discounted as she only had to sit in front of me.
- we walked towards the megazip. Husband parajumped and megazipped.
- went back to the butterfly park (imbiah lookout), in front of which is a small fountain where kids play. Mikee played while we waited for our pizza. That’s early dinner.
- had to buy clothes for Mikee as she was all wet from playing in the fountain
- rode the Tiger Sky Tower, which gave us a 360 degree view of Sentosa
- third stop: beach station. we had nachos for our combo A (you have the option to have nachos, popcorn or hotdog sandwich)
- sat. waited. watched the long queue for the 7:40pm show. we bought the 8:40pm show just to be on the safe side. We didn’t know if how long the rides and walks in between would be.
- watched songs of the sea
- went back to vivo city / harbourfront station
- went back to the lodge. slept
Day 3 (Tuesday)
- woke up at 9am for breakfast
- slept again
- woke up at noon. left the lodge at 2pm
- from dhoby ghaut we had to go to Ang Mo Kio station, then go to the bus interchange
- rode Bus 138
- singapore zoo 30 stops later. that’s 4pm to 6pm. Among others, there’s the rainforest kidzworld where there’s wet play. But what I love about this zoo was our elephant ride.
- night safari
- went home. this time, we chose to ride a bus express which from the zoo, stops at common hotels in the city. you can not use your ezlink card with them. A ticket is worth S$4 for adults and S$2 for kids. Too expensive but we no longer had the energy to transfer from bus to the MRT. Plus it was faster.
Day 4 (Wednesday)
- woke up at 9am for breakfast
- packed our bags
- checked out at noon
- arrived at my friend’s flat in Tampines at 1:30pm. lunch
- catched up with my college friend Maui
- met with Jacq and Iyah
- around 6pm, we and our kids went to the playground
- dinner -> wine -> bed
Day 5 (Thursday)
- woke up at 5am
- left Tampines at 6am
- bus -> MRT
- vivo city at around 7:30am
- bought tickets
- universal studios at 8am. Lots of media people. Dragon dance
- opened at 8:28am (or was it later than that?)
Ancient Egypt / Revenge of the Mummies
Far Far Away – castle
The Lost World
- left at 1:30pm
- arrived at the airport at 3:45pm -> flight at 5:45pm
I will update this post with links once I finish blogging about them.